More from The Q&A: Hunter Mahan
Hunter Mahan had a rough week at the British Open, but it was the first one he’s had this year.
The former Oklahoma State standout and PGA Tour up-and-comer missed the cut for the first time this season. He’s had a great run and some great finishes. Don’t be surprised to see him finish the rest of the season strong.
But you should be downright stunned if you see Mahan follow the recent trend of golfers who are posting on their Twitter accounts during tournaments. He explains in this bonus outtake from The Q&A:
Jenni Carlson: There was some talk recently about guys on tour Twittering during competition. You into any of that?
Hunter Mahan: I’m definitely not that into it. I’ve been on Facebook and whatnot. Twitter, I’ve never been to the website. If those guys want to do it, I guess it’s fine. Anything that helps the game, that helps people get closer to us, I think it’s a good thing.
JC: But we can expect no cell phone pictures from you to be posted during a round?
HM: I don’t think you’ll see any of that any time soon.
JC: You a tech buff in other areas?
HM: I have an Xbox. I only play about two or three games on that. Sometimes if I get real hot on something, I’ll play it for days. I’ve got an iPhone and stuff like that, but some people I’ve seen have iPhones and 50 applications. They don’t even get off the phone for anything. I guess I’m more of a naturalist.
JC: If someone who has an iPhone qualifies as a naturalist.
HM: Nowadays, it is.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5774Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5631Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients