OU-FSU rivalry brewing? Hope not
Oklahoma has a simmering rivalry with Florida.
Is Florida State next?
With news that an FSU administrator questioned the eligibility of OU linebacker Mike Balogun and prompted the current hubbub about his collegiate future, it might be tempting for the Sooner Nation to direct some frustration at the Seminoles.
Are they still sore about that 2000 national championship game? Are they jealous that the Sooners have been back to the national title game several times since but they haven’t sniffed it?
Yes, it’d be easy to be angry at the Seminoles, Sooner fans.
Florida State did OU a favor.
As our man Jake Trotter reported earlier this week, an FSU administrator was watching the national title game last year when the TV commentators started talking about Balogun. 25 years old. Had played semi-pro ball out of high school. Went to junior college. Then landed at OU.
The story sounded familiar because Florida State had just had a receiver declared ineligible because he’d played semi-pro ball after he turned 21 years old.
What did FSU officials do then? They didn’t run right to the NCAA. They didn’t go and tattle. They contacted OU and the Big 12 and raised concern about the issue. Only after they felt that the problem still hadn’t been addressed did they go to the NCAA.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.