College FB: Lock of the Week
Week One was a rough one for yours truly — at least where college football picks were concerned.
But my lock of the week involved TCU and Oregon State. I said that the Horned Frogs would beat the Beavers but fail to cover the spread.
TCU won 30-21, but the spread was 12 1/2 points.
So, let’s try to run the locks record to 2-0 this week.
For starters, this is a great week of games. Everyone around here is talking about Oklahoma-Florida State, but check out this rundown. Michigan at Notre Dame. Miami at Ohio State. Oregon at Tennessee. Penn State at Alabama. All of these games are going to make for a fantastic Saturday.
None of them are enough of a sure thing, though, to make as my lock.
No, for that, I’m looking to Lawrence, Kan., where Kansas is hosting Georgia Tech. Looking at the Jayhawks’ schedule before this season, this is a game that I thought they would lose. After last week, I have no doubt about it.
Kansas lost to Division II North Dakota State.
And it was even worse than it looks. The Jayhawks were at home in what was supposed to be the glorious start to the Turner Gill Era. Instead, they failed to score a touchdown.
Truth be told, I nearly picked Georgia Tech, a 13 1/2 point favorite, to beat Kansas 72-3. Actually had the score typed onto my computer screen. But I changed it. I figured that losing to a Division II team would spark something in the Jayhawks. Surely, they’ve got some pride to be better. Surely, they won’t be as bad this week as they were a week ago.
So, I’m only picking Georgia Tech to beat Kansas 45-17.
Want to test your football knowledge? You can play along with us here. Join the fun!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims
- 3897Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3600Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3091Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients