College FB: Lock of the Week
A week ago, I picked Georgia Tech over Kansas as my lock.
Then proceeded to catch holy you-know-what about it.
“Oh, that’s such an easy pick,” you cried.
Apparently, we were all wrong.
Georgia Tech not only failed to cover but also failed to win. Kansas redeemed itself after an embarrassing opening loss to North Dakota State with an upset.
(Note to everyone who said my pick was easy: there is no such thing as an easy lock. Period.)
So where locks are concerned, my record is now 1-1. I like my chances to be 2-1 by this time next week. Here’s why:
Florida is a 16 1/2-point favorite at Tennessee.
That’s a big spread no matter what the circumstances. I know that Tennessee hasn’t exactly set the world on fire just yet, beating hapless Tennessee-Martin 50-0 in the opener, then getting obliterated at home by Oregon 48-13.
But I like the Ducks. I thought they would go to Knoxville and win big. Maybe not that bit, but still, I never thought that was a game the Vols would win.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients