College FB: Lock of the Week
The winning streak stands at one.
After suffering a setback in Week 2 in the lock-picking department, I had a much better go in Week 3. I picked Florida to win but not cover the 16 1/2- point spread against Tennessee.
The Gators were victorious in Knoxville, but they only beat the Vols 31-17.
A victory but no cover.
Put it on the board … yes!
My season record is now an admirable 2-1, but I have a good feeling that it’s going to be soaring above .500 after this week. I’ve got a great vibe about Stanford at Notre Dame.
The Cardinal is a 4 1/2-point favorite going to South Bend, and it’s easy to see why. It has destroyed Sacramento State, UCLA and Wake Forest in its first three games. Its average margin of victory is 38.0 points this season.
Thing is, even an average team should be beating Sacramento State, UCLA and Wake by big margins. All three of those teams stink.
Saturday’s game at Notre Dame will be Stanford’s first legitimate test. Even though the Fighting Irish are 1-2 — their lone victory came in the season opener against Purdue — they lost to a vastly improved Michigan team by four points and a solid Michigan State team by three points in overtime.
Maybe it’s foolish to think Notre Dame can turn another close game into a win this week, but I’m going with it anyway. I say Notre Dame not only covers against Stanford but also wins the game.
Notre Dame 34, Stanford 31.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients