College FB: Lock of the Week
Stanford has made a believer out of me.
Last week, I picked against the Cardinal.
Those smarty pants showed me. They went to Notre Dame and beat the tar out of the Fighting Irish. And here I was so sure that Notre Dame would not only cover the spread but also score the upset of Stanford that I picked the game as my lock.
So, my record for locks this season goes back to 2-2.
But I am undeterred and unaffected. Part of the reason for my optimism is the good feeling that I have about one particular game this week.
Miami at Clemson.
The Hurricanes were only a slight favorite last week at Pittsburgh, but they went on the road and dominated the Thursday night game. I like the way they are playing and the direction they are heading.
Miami is the team that I picked before the season to be a team on the rise. The school has given Randy Shannon time to rebuild the program, and that decision is paying off. Miami is getting those top recruits from the state of Florida again, and the results are starting to show. Miami hung in there at Ohio State, no easy task for a visitor in Columbia. Then, it smacked around Pittsburgh.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients