Big 12 quarterbacks rule!
As if having three undefeated football teams in the state weren’t enough fun, we find ourselves front and center in the Heisman Trophy chase, too.
Sam Bradford is a dark horse no more. The Oklahoma quarterback continues to impress. Continues to climb the Heisman straw polls, too. He moved to No. 2 on my ballot in the HeismanPundit.com/Orlando Sentinel poll, the same spot he held after all the pollsters voters were tallied.
Slingin’ Sam trails Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel by the slimmest of margins, 46 points to 44, six first-place votes to four.
These two guys have the inside track to the little bronze statue. That’s because both of their teams have a chance to run the table, going undefeated in the regular season and setting up a showdown between their teams in the Big 12 title game. Heisman voters like great quarterbacks who lead successful teams, and Daniel and Bradford definitely both fit that mold.
Truth be told, these next few weeks could determine who wins the Heisman. After going to Baylor, Oklahoma faces Texas in Dallas. That same week, Missouri hosts Oklahoma State, then faces Texas the following week. We’ll have a chance to stack up how these two quarterbacks perform against the same team in consecutive weeks. That will be a great indicator in the Heisman race.
And then there’s this — if Texas would somehow manage to pull a pair of major upsets, Longhorn quarterback Colt McCoy could skyrocket to the top of the Heisman heap.
What if the Heisman ceremony is an all-Big 12 affair?
It could happen.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients