Sports still helping the healing in Newtown
Got an unexpected email yesterday from Tim Tallcouch. He is the boys basketball coach at Newtown High School in Newtown, Conn., and I connected with him about six weeks ago when I was working on a column about the sports world’s tributes to the school shooting victims in his town.
You can read that column by clicking here.
Tallcouch and I exchanged emails after the column ran, but after that, I didn’t expect to hear from him again.
On Wednesday, though, he sent the following note:
“Hope all is well. As a follow up to our conversation in December regarding athletes and helping out in tragic times, thought you might be interested in this. Between myself, the town of Newtown and the NY Knicks organization, the Knicks Garden of Dreams Foundation, player, coaches, executives and dancers came to Newtown CT yesterday and put many smiles on the faces of the Sandy Hook Elementary kids with two hours of a fun clinic/event. Simply AMAZING!!!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients