A Life Worth Following
I still can’t recall what I was doing on June 3, 2002.
But it’s a day that I keep coming back to.
That was the day that Justin Sullivan was killed in a freak accident on Interstate 44.
Watch my latest video commentary or continue reading below:
Sullivan, you may remember, was a star baseball player at Yukon High School. He was named the state player of the year the day before he died. Massive tires on a semi-truck broke loose, bounded across the median and crushed Sullivan’s SUV.Five years later, I met a youth pastor named Chris Wall. He had been Justin’s youth pastor at Council Road Baptist Church, and he had written a book called “A Life Worth Following” about Justin.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7618Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7497Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6747UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients