Finally, some good news
Sports has been plagued by all sorts of bad news.
Scandals. Steroids. Scoundrels.
Feel like you need some good news, sports fans? Steve Kime is your guy. On Saturday, the Oklahoma City resident will run the Tulsa Run for the ninth consecutive year to raise funds for Special Olympics. And he doesn’t just run. He dresses up like Forrest Gump.
Plaid shirt. Khaki pants. White Nikes. The whole nine yards.
Kime even carries a suitcase and a box of chocolates with him. I don’t know about you, but just thinking about running a 15K while carrying those props wears me out.
But Kime does it, and he loves it. Other folks love it, too. Now, people are not only giving him pledges but also giving him goodies to use as incentive. Steve Owens, Pat Jones, Billy Sims, Jason White and others have donated autographed items that will be given away to a few lucky donors.
Want to get involved? Go to www.sook.org and click on the “Forrest Gump” link on the left.
Want to read more about Kime? Check out my column Thursday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients