Thunder: First-round talk? Get used to it
This first-round series against the Mavericks has been filled with all sorts of talk.
Rick Carlisle lamenting about officiating.
Scott Brooks lamenting about Carlisle.
Dirk and Perk yelling at each other on the court.
Carlisle using profanity in the postgame presser.
Hey, doesn’t this all sound familiar, Thunder fans? I mean, it’s not the exact same words, but the jabbering in this first-round series sure is reminiscent of the babble that we saw a year ago in the Thunder’s first-round series against the Nuggets.
You remember how that went, starting before the games even did with Denver coach George Karl talking about how cocky the Thunder was.
And here’s the deal — Thunder fans might want to get used to this kind of gamesmanship.
Really, that’s what this is. Gamesmanship. Opponents trying to get any kind of advantage possible against the Thunder. Last year, the Nuggets realized they were overmatched, so they did whatever they could think of to try to level the playing court. This year, the Mavs are doing the same.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients