UPDATE: Have you seen the LA car in OKC?
All right, Thunder fans, I need your help.
Do you know the person driving the car in the picture to the right?
I’m not looking for snarky comments here, by the way. (Not that any of you wonderful Thunder fans would do such a thing!) I actually want to find the guy who has been spotted driving this Lakers-gold car around Oklahoma City. He looks to be an Oklahoma transplant with that California tag, and with the Thunder and Lakers looking more and more like a second-round playoff match-up — we may know for sure as early as tonight — I am dying to chat with this guy.
And yes, I know it’s a guy.
The photo comes courtesy of my friend Kelli Dupay’s Facebook page. She works for Sunbeam Family Services, and she’s plugged into all sorts of areas of the community. When she posted the picture on Facebook last week, the comments started rolling in. Several other folks said they had spotted the same car with a man behind the wheel.
He’s been seen driving down Northwest Expressway and NW 23rd Street.
Seriously, Thunder fans, I’m not stalking this guy. I’m just a curious reporter. If you see him — or better yet, if you know him — would you let him know that I’d love to talk to him? Or would you let me know who it is so I can reach out to him?
UPDATE, 4:24 p.m.
It looks like we — and by we, I mean YOU, good readers! — have found the owner of the Laker car. I’ll have more details in a later blog and story, but just so you know, you guys are amazing detectives. Not even two hours after I posted this blog, I had the name and phone number of the driver.
Way to go, Thunder fans.
P.S. One other thing — if you know a Lakers fan living in Oklahoma or if you are a Lakers fan living in Oklahoma City, I’d love to hear from you. We know Lakers fans are everywhere — the franchise has been so good for so long that it’s to be expected — but clearly, the next couple weeks will be interesting for Lakers fans in our fair state should the they play the Thunder.
Holler at me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients