Know what this team needs? More Westbrook
Exiting the Ford Center amid the masses Sunday night, the buzz was obvious.
Sure, folks were reveling in the first Thunder victory. But there was a name that seemed to be on everyone’s lips — Russell Westbrook.
Watch my latest video commentary or continue reading below:
The rookie point guard was electrifying against the Timberwolves. He drove to the basket. He commanded the offense. He played with the confidence of a veteran.
Most of the time. There were a couple moments when Westbrook played like, well, a rookie, but that’s going to happen. He’s going to make mistakes. He’s going to have his blunders. But with Westbrook, you take the bad with the very, very good.
The guy needs to be out there more.
More than that, though, he needs to play more with Kevin Durant. The two young stars weren’t on the floor together all that much Sunday. Not until the fourth quarter did Westbrook and Durant play extended time together. Is it any shock that the Thunder played perhaps its best basketball then?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients