Thunder: The national buzz about Game 1
It’s always fun to see what other folks are saying about the locals — and there’s plenty of chatter today about the Thunder after its Game 1 beatdown of the Lakers.
David Steele of The Sporting News wrote about the woes that the Thunder has caused the Lakers – and some of the woes that the Lakers have brought on themselves. There was one line that summed up his take on the first game of this series pretty darn well.
“There have been prouder moments in the Lakers’ six-decade, 11-championship run in southern California,” Steele wrote.
There was more cutting commentary from Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke. He asked a simple but potentially troubling question for Lakers’ fan – is the series already over?
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients