Football: What’s luck got to do with it? Ask the Sooners
Players wouldn’t want to admit it. Ditto for coaches. But the truth is undeniable — there’s luck involved in sports.
It’s not the most important ingredient to success, of course. Talented players and quality coaching and team chemistry and probably half a dozen other things are more vital than luck. Make no mistake, though, luck is part of the equation.
Just ask Oklahoma.
The Sooners are short on luck this season. Jermaine Gresham turns his knee a strange way. Sam Bradford lands on his shoulder wrong. On and on the list has gone this season.
The carnage grew by three this week. News came Monday that offensive lineman Brody Eldridge and defensive lineman Auston English will miss the rest of the season with injuries.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.