Thunder: What do you think about Thunder Alley changes?
Thunder Alley will continue outside The Peake.
But the watch party is no more.
After the shootings that followed Monday night’s Thunder victory against the Lakers, team officials have decided to continue Thunder Alley’s pregame festivities but to shut it down once the game begins. It’s better than suspending Thunder Alley completely, I suppose, but it’s pretty clear than a vast majority of the people who have packed Reno Avenue outside the arena during the playoffs have done so because they could watch the game there.
So, what do you think of the change, Thunder fans?
I want to hear from you.
Are you sad to see the watch party go? Or do you think it’s the right move?
Has something civic and cool been lost? Or had the event become too big?
Let me know what you think.
And hey, if you went to Thunder Alley to watch any of the playoff games, I’d really love to hear your story. Why did you go? What was it like?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients