Onward to Bedlam
Let’s the Bedlam fun begin.
Watch my video commentary or read here:
Well, well, well. This should be interesting.
It’s Bedlam week. Perhaps you heard. The rivalry has been stellar these past eight or 10 years. Good games, even an upset or two. Only a couple blowouts. And with both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State having their issues this season — doesn’t anyone have a secondary any more? — Bedlam circa 2007 promised to be a good one.
Then came last Saturday.
The Sooners went to Lubbock, and everything that could’ve gone wrong did. Sam Bradford went down in the first half with a concussion. He didn’t play again Saturday, and his status is up in the air for Bedlam. He wasn’t the only one either. Running back DeMarco Murray dislocated his knee cap. Wide receiver Adron Tennell blew out his knee. Defensive end Alan Davis suffered a concussion severe enough to be taken off the field on a stretcher.
That sounds more like an episode of “ER” than a college football game.
And to make matters worse for the Sooners, they lost to the Red Raiders. National title hopes gone.
So, what of in-state bragging rights?
Oh, the intrigue in Bedlam 2007 is going to be rich, I tell you.
The Cowboys, after all, have issues, too. They have a secondary that’s a long touchdown pass waiting to happen. Even though it got some things figured out Saturday in Waco, it was against Baylor. The Bears were playing their final game with a coach who was about to get fired. They didn’t exactly seem fired up.
Thing is, will the Sooners have anyone who can exploit the Cowboy secondary? If Bradford is out, can Joey Halzle get the job done? What about Keith Nichol? Is the true freshman going to be thrown into duty this week?
Unlike the Sooners, the Cowboys are absolutely sure about their quarterback. Zac Robinson has turned into the real deal. He broke the school’s single-season record for total offense on Saturday, passing Josh Fields and Bobby Reid and Barry Sanders in the process. Oh, by the way, Zac Attack has done it in only nine games.
Robinson and Dantrell Savage could cause OU some serious headaches, especially if the Sooners are without Alan Davis and Auston English at defensive end.
So much intrigue, so much unknown, so much fun.
To think, the week has only just begun.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients