Who’s home game is this?
Kansas gave up a home game to play Missouri at Arrowhead Stadium.
So, you’d think the Jayhawks would have the fan advantage.
But will they?
Less than half an hour before kickoff, the Arrowhead stands are tinted more black and gold than blue and crimson. Perhaps all the Jayhawk fans are still out in the parking lots tailgating, but if the Tigers end up having the advantage, that would be a serious knock against Kansas.
Athletic director Lew Perkins decided to move the game, presumably thinking that his Jayhawks would still have a home-field advantage.
Thing is, the Jayhawks have struggled to fill the stadium in Lawrence. But if the Kansas fans can’t get excited for this game — and can’t show it by buying tickets — that would be a sad state of affairs for the Jayhawks. If Kansas can’t look like a football school now, when will it ever look like one?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients