Words of wisdom
Over the weekend, I received a couple of reader e-mails that hit several nails on the head.
From Deric in Kansas City:
Here is an ugly truth about what will happen this year in college football. Oklahoma will beat Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game. It will be close, but for big-game, team preparation, I’ll take Stoops over Pinkel. Then, we will see two of the most overrated teams in college football play for a national championship. Neither West Virginia nor Ohio State are worthy of playing on the biggest stage college football has to offer.
West Virginia will be No. 1, which is a shame because Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Missouri and Kansas can beat West Virginia. So could LSU, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. And I believe those same Big 12 and SEC teams can beat Ohio State. If any of the aforementioned Big 12 or SEC teams played the same schedule West Virginia and Ohio State played, they would be No. 1 wire to wire.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 80469Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30097Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29530Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 25550Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7945Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7267Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7260Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7170Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6866Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6473Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients