‘Tis the season to be jolly
Celebrate the season.
The college football season, that is.
Watch my latest video commentary or read below:
I thought long and hard about today’s subject. I considered the BCS mess. I figured I could talk about the screwy computers or the whacked-out voters, the travesty of the system or the need for a playoff.
But in the end, I decided against it.
Enough with the downers, at least for now. This has been a college football season worth celebrating, so let’s celebrate.
Three cheers for the underdogs. For Appalachian State, which set the tone for this wacky, wild season by beating Michigan in Ann Arbor. For Stanford, which beat USC despite being a gazillion-point underdog. For Pitt and Arkansas and every other team that threw a wrench into championship plans.
And what about the out-of-nowhere teams that made it into the national championship hunt at one point or other?
There were teams like Boston College and Arizona State. These are programs that have won a few games over the years, but really, who thought they’d be in the chase for the championship?
Then, there were teams like Kansas and Missouri and South Florida. You’d be more likely to see those three teams at the top of the basketball polls. Instead, they became powers in the football polls.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients