All fun and games
Enjoyed a fun exchange between Oklahoma defensive standouts Curtis Lofton and Auston English on Friday.
I wrote about it in my Saturday column, specifically about how these two knew about West Virginia’s offensive prowess long before the Sooners and Mountaineers became Fiesta Bowl opponents. But one of the other interesting tidbits from these two big-time gamers — big-time video game gamers, that is — was the fact that the Sooners aren’t very good on NCAA Football ’08.
“There’s some times I get OU and play myself,” Lofton said.
“We never get OU,” English countered.
“I do sometimes,” Lofton said.
“Not when we play.”
So, what’s the problem with the video-game version of this year’s Sooners?
“It’s the quarterback,” Lofton said. “They’ve got him so slow, and he doesn’t throw the ball too well in the game.”
Considering the game came out in July, a month before the Sooners named Sam Bradford the starter, Joey Halzle is actually the starter on the game. And hey, it wasn’t like the video game makers had any idea of what to expect from any of the Sooner signal callers before the season started.
Next year, the makers will go with Bradford, and considering the way he’s played this year, his video-game self should be pretty stout, too.
“Next year,” Lofton said, “that’s definitely my team.”
English won’t be picking the Sooners unless something else changes next year, too.
“I don’t pick OU because I’m not on the game,” the first-team all-Big 12 defensive end said in mock disgust. “It’s real disappointing. Somebody’s got to talk to somebody about that.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients