In search of a title
Oklahoma’s opponent in the Fiesta Bowl lost its coach over the weekend.
Why did Rich Rodriguez bolt from West Virginia?
Watch my latest video commentary or read here:
It’s hard to blame Rich Rodriguez for leaving West Virginia for Michigan.
No doubt you heard the news over the weekend that Oklahoma’s opponent for the Fiesta Bowl is without a coach and Les Miles is official off the hook. Rodriguez has decided to become the next coach of the Wolverines.
In doing so, he leaves a program that lately has been better than the one he’s going to. The Mountaineers played in a BCS bowl two years ago and are back for another this year. The Wolverines have slipped a bit from such lofty pedestals.
Rodriguez is also leaving his alma mater. When he gathered his players over the weekend to tell them he was leaving, the emotions overflowed.
But at the end of the day, Rodriguez had to go.
The reason: even though there are more and more programs that can derail a contender’s national title hopes, there are still few programs that can actually win a championship.
These past few months, parity fueled one of the wackiest, wildest college football seasons ever. And yet, look who’s playing for the title.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients