Sidekick to Slingin’ Sam
You might have seen his face or heard his name a week or so ago when Sam Bradford won the Heisman Trophy.
Kelsey Cline was part of the Oklahoma quarterback’s traveling party. Some of you may have wondered who he is. Others may have wondered where you’d heard that name before.
Cline is currently the golf coach at Oklahoma Christian University, but he also played collegiately at OU.
Bradford’s passion for golf is well known. He played throughout his life, then on the golf team at Putnam North High School. Even though his attention has turned to football, he’s still a scratch golfer.
But the ironic thing is that while Bradford and Cline have a common interest in golf, the sport wasn’t the reason that these two became good buddies. Cline, who talked about their bond on Oklahoma Christian’s website, says that their friendship began when Bradford was still a toddler. Bradford’s mother, Martha, was Cline’s elementary physical education teacher in Mustang, and Cline’s mother, Connie, started babysitting little Sam.
They’ve been buddies ever since.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients