OU Football: The Collin Klein Dilemma
I’m working on a column for tomorrow’s edition of The Oklahoman about Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein and the dilemma that he will pose to Oklahoma on Saturday.
If you think he’s just a running quarterback, be sure to check it out.
But until you get your paper in the morning or you’re able to read the column on NewsOK.com, here is some material for you to help pass the time. These are a couple of stories about Klein that I ran across in doing my research. I’m sure Sooner (and later this year, Cowboy) fans won’t want to hear this, but Klein sounds like a fantastic young man. If he was playing here in our state, we’d be fawning all over him. Great player. Great guy.
Start by checking out “Collin Klein: A life guided by helping others”, a piece done by Kellis Robinette for the Kansas City Star and the Wichita Eagle. It includes a fantastic story about a woman who Klein befriended.
Here’s a little taste of what you’ll read about Klein:
His father, Doug, likes to tell stories about him surprising neighbors in Loveland, Colo., when he was 10 by shoveling snow off their driveways on winter mornings so they could get to work on time. Back then he squeezed good deeds into a busy schedule that included school, basketball practice, church, and music lessons on the piano, violin and mandolin.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients