OU Football: Talking Sooners and Wildcats
I had a chance to go on WIBW-AM 580 in Topeka earlier this week to talk about Saturday’s showdown between Oklahoma and Kansas State.
It’s always interesting to me to hear what questions media from other places have for us here. In talking with Jake Lebahn and Mark Elliott, the question that was most interesting to me was about Bob Stoops and how he deals with the media. Obviously, this is a topic that’s been discussed in these parts regularly, but I’m sure that folks in Kansas come at it from a slightly different perspective. After all, they knew Stoops as one of Bill Snyder’s assistants at K-State. He was at a different point in his career then — not as much pressure as a defensive coordinator as there is as a head coach — and I suspect he was a bit more accommodating back then.
You can check out the entire interview by clicking below, and hey, if you want to check out how the build-up to this game is playing in the Sunflower State, you can listen to Lebahn and Elliott on Sports Talk between 4 and 6 p.m. Their show streams live on WIBW’s website, www.580wibw.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients