Thunder: Vote Early, Vote Often
Drew Hooper is at it again.
I had the good fortune to introduce you to the Moore resident back in the spring during the NBA Playoffs. He is an artist and a painter, and motivated by the Thunder’s high playoff hopes, he decided to use those talents on his Suzuki X-90. He painted his car with images of Thunder players and transformed it into the ultimate Thundermobile.
(To read that story, click here. The video paired with this story is worth the click; Hooper is a hoot.)
Now, with the start of the basketball season and the end of the election season, Hooper has once again found a muse in the Thunder.
He has done up some “Vote Thunder” signs that can be seen around midtown Oklahoma City. Hooper has put a Kevin Durant sign at Pachinko Parlor on NW 9th Street and a Kendrick Perk sign at GoGo Sushi on NW 10th Street.
Along with the Perk sign is a James Harden one. Hooper started on Harden before a trade sent him to Houston.
“I thought about doing something to the Harden sign,” Hooper wrote to me in an email, “but I ended up talking myself out of it.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients