Gerald McCoy back in OKC, and other news and notes from Sooner Nation
Former Sooner defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the No. 3 overall pick of Tampa Bay in this year’s NFL Draft, was back in Oklahoma City today, taking part in pledge drive by Farmers insurance and the March of Dimes, raising money for research aimed at preventing premature births and improving the lives of newborn babies.
“Being honest, I didn’t know what was going on (with the March of Dimes),” McCoy told The Oklahoman during the event this morning. “But come to find out about it, it’s kind of a sensitive and close area for me, because I have a 4-year-old daughter, and she was a premature baby. So, I love helping out anyway I can.”
* Jermaine Gresham probable to start: Ex-OU standout tight end Jermaine Gresham is expected to start immediately at tight end for the Cincinnati Bengals, assuming he continues to perform well and show his knee is healthy in preseason camp.
Gresham was the No. 21 overall pick of the Bengals in this year’s NFL Draft.
* Malcolm Kelly could be cut: Three years after being drafted in the second round by the Washington Redskins, former OU wideout Malcolm Kelly’s days in the capital city could be numbered. Speculation out of Washington is that Kelly won’t make the team, due to his injury issues. Kelly, one of the best wideouts ever to pass through Norman, has 28 career catches in the NFL.
* DE Chris Martin headed to Gainesville: Despite rampant speculation he was considering OU, Chris Martin, one of the top-rated outside linebacker recruits in the country, is leaving Cal and headed to Florida instead.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3827Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3819Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3648As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients