Ex-Sooner (sort of) David Sims investigated for credit card fraud
Two years ago, the Sooners kept waiting for junior-college signee David Sims to get to campus. Waiting. More waiting. Before finally, OU cut ties with the California safety.
Due to academic issues he failed to clear up, Sims never made it to Norman for the 2008 season, and eventually the Sooners moved on.
Sims moved on too, the following year enrolling at Iowa State, where he became the Big 12′s Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2009 after leading the Cyclones with five interceptions.
But now, Sims could be in hot water.
Authorities say Sims is being investigated in connection with a stolen credit card, though no charges have been filed.
Ames police commander Mike Brennan says a Des Moines woman reported July 17 that her credit card, which her son had taken to Ames, was stolen. The card was then used at several Ames-area businesses.
Police obtained a warrant and searched Sims’ apartment Tuesday, but they wouldn’t say what they found.
Iowa State has also refrained from commenting on the matter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients