Sam Bradford, meet T.O.?
Co-exist with wide receiver Terrell Owens.
According to ESPN, Bradford’s St. Louis Rams have intensified discussions in hopes of signing Terrell Owens, a free agent.
With Donnie Avery being St. Louis’ top current receiving target, it’s understandable why the Rams would be pursuing options at receiver for Bradford, the team’s No. 1 draft pick, who is expected to sign the league’s richest contract in NFL history.
But adding T.O., who carries tons of baggage, is risky, especially considering that Bradford will face enough adversity as a rookie QB trying to develop behind one of the league’s worst offensive lines.
Just look at T.O.’s past, and what’s he done to his QBs.
He called into question Jeff Garcia’s sexual preference in a magazine interview.
He accused Donovan McNabb of folding under pressure during the Super Bowl.
Then, as the Dallas Cowboys were making a playoff push, Owens reportedly became upset with Tony Romo for throwing more often to tight end Jason Witten instead of him. The controversy contributed to Dallas’ late-season swoon, which ended in a 44-6 loss to Philly on the final game of the regular season.
Could Bradford coexist with T.O.? Perhaps, though he would be the first QB to do so.
But if T.O. repeats past performances? That could prove detrimental to Bradford’s development.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3460Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3276Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3162Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients