RB Mossis Madu charged with DUI
Oklahoma senior running back Mossis Madu has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. According to a court document, he was arrested Saturday in Norman with an alcohol-content level of more than twice the legal limit.
The misdemeanor charge was filed Tuesday in Cleveland County Court.
According to a court document, Madu was pulled over by police about 3 a.m. for weaving in and out of his lane near the intersection of Boyd and Chautauqua. The police officer observed Madu had watery eyes, slurred speech, poor balance and an odor of alcohol on his breath.
Madu, 22, admitted to having two drinks and was arrested, according to the document. He was given a breath test and registered a 0.19. The legal limit is 0.08.
Madu, a graduate of Norman High School, had five carries for 17 yards and seven catches for 69 yards for the Sooners last season.
After a stint at receiver last year, he was moved to running back in the spring, and is vying for the backup role at tailback behind DeMarco Murray.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients