Stoops: Murray to get AD-like carries
Throughout out his career in Norman, DeMarco Murray has had to share the spotlight at running back. First with Allen Patrick and Chris Brown. Then, with just Brown.
But this season, count on Murray’s workload to increase. Perhaps to an Adrian Peterson-like number of carries, coach Bob Stoops said during Big 12 media days Wednesday.
“He’s had some bad luck with some odd, different injuries, and I really believe coming into this year, with his experience, his ability to run but to catch the ball out of the backfield, we really anticipate him having a really big year for us,” Stoops said. “We’re hoping in line of similar to a guy like Adrian Peterson, that kind of opportunity to run the ball or have his hands on the ball that number of times is what we’re hoping for.’
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients