OU practice report: Aug. 13
Few days have gone by this August where temperatures didn’t reach 100 degrees in Norman.
One way the Sooners have combated such heat is practicing in the morning.
“We’re not out in the worst part of it,” Stoops said. “We finish in the mornings. We used to do more evening practices, where even we’re out there at six o’clock, it’s still 100 degrees. Now, we start at 9:45, we’re finished by noon, and I check my car every time and it’s only about 90-91 by noon. So we’re staying away from it best we can and it’s helping.
“Staying away from it helps keep guys on the field. No hydration issues, they’re cramping very little. So we’re getting snaps on the field, rather than guys being in the tent or the training room.”
* Stoops said freshman WR Kenny Stills continues to impress. “He’s making competitive plays out there,” Stoops said. Stoops said the receivers as a whole have made several “competitive plays” the last couple of practices.
* Stoops singled out two other freshmen today: DT Daniel Noble and CB Aaron Colvin.
“Daniel Noble is really impressive,” he said. “Another guy that’s been impressive as a freshman is Aaron Colvin, right here from Oklahoma. A really impressive guy his first week-and-a-half here.”
Stoops also said, “Roy Finch continues to be impressive. I don’t see that going away.”
* QB Landry Jones continues to look good in practice, Stoops said. “First, I’m really excited about the way he is playing. Stronger, everything he is doing. His progress is there you would hope would be there.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients