WR Cameron Kenney hoping to stick in rotation
He basically didn’t play in the opener. Came back to be the star of the game at Miami. Then, after several drops, was back on the sidelines at the end of the year.
“Definitely, last year if one guy wasn’t making a play then the coaches would keep rotating guys in and out of the mix,” said Kenney, who a junior-college transfer before last season. “By the end of last year I didn’t see too much action.”
Kenney, however, is not throwing in the towel.
As a senior now with some experience, he’s working to solidify a spot in OU’s wide-open receiving rotation.
“Last year was just a learning experience. I just wasn’t having fun. I was way too nervous,” Kenney said. “I really have wiped the slate clean. There were a lot of negative plays last year, but you have to learn from that. You have to fix the mental mistakes and fix the plays that you didn’t do so well on. I really feel more comfortable now being thrown into the mix. This year, I’m a lot happier out there. I’m having fun.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients