LB Travis Lewis on Butkus Award watch list
OU junior linebacker Travis Lewis was named to the watch list for the Butkus Award, which goes annually to the top linebacker in college football.
Lewis has started the last 27 games for the Sooners at outside linebacker.
Last year, Lewis led OU with 109 tackles and was a first-team All-Big 12 selection. In 2008, he set the school’s freshman record for tackles with 144, while earning Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year honors.
Four times have Sooners won the Butkus: Teddy Lehman (2003), Rocky Calmus (2001) and Brian Bosworth twice (1985, 1986).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients