Bob Stoops: Place-kicking No. 1 concern
Suffice to say, Bob Stoops was not fired up Tuesday about the Sooners’ situation at place-kicker, where Patrick O’Hara, Jimmy Stevens, Bryce Easley and Michael Hunnicutt are all vying for the starting job.
How did your kickers handle Tuesday’s wind?
“Not good enough,” Stoops said.
Is that your No. 1 concern?
What is the story with the kicking competition?
“There isn’t anybody that’s nailed it down. They’ll be fine at times, then they won’t be.”
Thursday, the Sooners are holding walk-on tryouts. Stoops admitted his eyes will be on those who show up to kick.
Said Stoops: “We’re going to evaluate some guys.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients