Freshman fullback Trey Millard ‘a load’
Defensive coordinator Brent Venables was asked a question about freshman linebacker Corey Nelson the other day, but thought the question was about freshman fullback Trey Millard.
“Man, he’s a load at fullback,” Venables said. “We haven’t had a load like that since J.D. (Runnels).”
Despite being on campus for only a couple of months, Millard is OU’s starter at fullback over redshirt freshman Marshall Musil.
“Millard’s been a better blocker,” said offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson. “He’s probably the most skilled guy, and he’s blocked better than Brandon Crow and Marshall Musil. Right now he’s still a freshman and learning, but he’s 250 and he does have speed and he stumbles into good blocks. He’s still learning how to do it right every time but he’s got a chance.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients