OU’s Stacy McGee, Jamarkus McFarland slated for Casino Del Sol All-Star Game
NORMAN — It appears Stacy McGee will don the Oklahoma football helmet in one more game after all.
The defensive tackle, who was suspended for seven games of the 2012-13 season at Oklahoma — including the Jan. 4 Cotton Bowl — will join several other draft-eligible college seniors for Friday’s Casino Del Sol All-Star Game in Tucson, Ariz., according to the game’s official website.
Joining McGee on the East team’s roster is fellow Oklahoma defensive tackle Jamarkus McFarland.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops suspended McGee during fall camp for an unspecified violation of team rules. He returned for the Sooners’ 30-13 loss to Notre Dame on Oct. 27, and played in the team’s next six games, recording 14 total tackles and one sack.
But early the morning of Dec. 24, McGee was arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence. Stoops announced days later that he wouldn’t travel with the Sooners to the Cotton Bowl, which OU lost 41-13 to Texas A&M.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16829OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15402Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12656Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11727Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7777Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7628Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7109Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6861Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6397Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients