Sooners to use pair of freshmen on kick returns
Oklahoma will feature true freshmen Trey Franks and Brennan Clay on kick returns Saturday against Utah State, coach Bob Stoops said during his weekly press conference Tuesday.
Franks was a state champion in track in Texas. Clay, a dynamic RB and receiver in San Diego. Both players have showed tremendous playmaking ability in practice.
The Sooners, however, may have a different, more veteran look for Florida State. Stoops indicated DeMarco Murray will ultimately handle kickoffs in spots, just not against Utah State. Mossis Madu, who is suspended for the opener, is expected to handle a role on returns when he comes back for FSU. Cameron Kenney could also handle returns, if needed.
Other news and notes from Tuesday’s press conference:
* Clay is the No. 2 RB, ahead of Jermie Calhoun and Jonathan Miller.
* Stoops has chosen a kicker, but won’t make an announcement until Wednesday. He still has to have a discussion with the kickers. The decision will probably be either Pat O’Hara or Jimmy Stevens.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients