Rapid reaction: OU cruises to 75-48 domination of TCU
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
OU jumped out on TCU early and didn’t let up, smoking the Horned Frogs 75-48 in Norman on Monday. Here’s some rapid reaction:
TCU started the game 0/14 shooting. That’s not a typo: 0/14 shooting with five airballs and one point in the first 11 minutes. OU didn’t come out scorching, but didn’t need to. The Sooners hit some shots, defended well and, before you knew it, had a 15-1 lead. And on this day, against this struggling offensive team, that 14-point cushion felt more like an insurmountable 40-point separation.
It was over when…
…Conference realignment, working in the best interest of football, placed TCU’s floundering basketball program in a league it was ill-equipped to handle. Forget the Kansas win. That was an aberration. An anomaly that I’m still not sure really happened. This team was destined to go 0-18 in Big 12 play, but looks like it will have to settle for 1-17. Good news? The Horned Frogs have used its new conference appeal to lure a solid recruiting 2013 recruiting class and the program is definitely on the rise.
Star of the game – Romero Osby/Amath M’Baye
OU’s talented interior duo combined for 23 points and 11 rebounds, dominating play during 48 efficient minutes (22 for Osby, 26 for M’Baye) and earning an extended comfortable rest on the bench during mop-up time. For M’Baye, it was a particularly refreshing performance, shooting 50 percent (4/8) and reaching double-figures for the first time in four games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients