EA simulation: OU vs. Air Force
Each week, for fun the OU blog will simulate the Sooners’ opponent on NCAA 2011. If you’re not interested in fun, move along.
NORMAN — Two minutes in Oklahoma’s game against Air Force, it looked like the Sooners might be in trouble against the Academy’s option attack.
Turned out, those were the only two minutes.
After giving up a quick touchdown, OU dominated the rest of the way, coasting to a 52-7 win over the Falcons at Owen Field to move to 3-0.
DeMarco Murray rushed for 140 yards, and Landry Jones threw for 174 yards and 2 touchdowns.
The Sooners suffered a scary moment when Jones injured his ankle early in the third quarter. For precautionary reasons, Jones sat out the rest of the game with OU in command. But coach Bob Stoops said afterward the injury was a sprain and that Jones should be ready to go next weekend at Cincinnati.
Backup Drew Allen, however, showed that the Sooners have a capable No. 2 QB, should Jones’ injury linger. After going in for Jones, Allen played admirably, throwing for 3 TDs on 6 of 10 passing.
Air Force marched down the field on its opening drive and found the end zone when quarterback Tim Jefferson found fullback Jared Tew for a 22-yard TD.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients