Former teammate of two OU freshmen dies during high school game
Reggie Garrett, a senior quarterback at West Orange-Stark High School in Texas, died Friday night after he collapsed on the sideline during a high school football game.
According to The Beaumont Enterprise, West Orange-Stark coach Dan Hooks said Garrett appeared to experience a seizure and appeared unresponsive as medics carted him off the field following his collapse midway through the second quarter. Garrett was a second-year starting quarterback.
The Sooners have two freshmen who played with Garrett, wide receiver Trey Franks and defensive back James Haynes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients