Sooner coverage units thriving
The last time the Sooners played Cincinnati, Mardy Gilyard gashed them with a couple of long returns. It was a sign of trouble to come, as OU had one of the worst coverage units in college football in 2008.
This time around, the Bearcats will have trouble springing a long return.
Thanks to wedge buster Ronnell Lewis, the Sooners have one of the better coverage in the nation, ranking No. 2 in punt return defense and No. 17 in kickoff return defense.
“It has been an advantage for us through three games,” Stoops said. “Our coverage has been outstanding.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients