EA Simulation: OU at Cincinnati
Each week, for fun the OU blog will simulate the Sooners’ opponent on NCAA 2011. If you’re not interested in fun, move along.
So much for QB Landry Jones not bringing his best away from Norman.
Jones threw for 379 yards and 4 TDs, leading Oklahoma past Cincinnati 28-27 at Paul Brown Stadium.
Jones completed 22 of 29 passes and didn’t the turn the ball over once while outdueling Bearcats QB Zach Collaros, who was 19 of 30 for 312 yards and 3 TDs, but was also picked off twice.
With Jones leading the way, the Sooners jumped to a 14-0 first quarter lead. First, Jones connected with Ryan Broyles for a 27-yard TD, then Dejuan Miller for a 17-yard score.
UC, however, wouldn’t go away.
The Sooners extended their lead to 28-10 in the third quarter when Jones hooked up with Broyles for another TD, this time a 45-yard bomb.
But Collaros led UC on three consecutive scoring drives and the Bearcats closed the deficit to 28-27 with 1:32 to play.
The Bearcats tried an onside kick, but Sooner running back Mossis Madu made the recovery to end the game, setting up next week’s showdown with undefeated Texas.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients