Postgame thoughts: OU, 31 – Cincinnati, 29
The Sooners defeated Cincinnati tonight, 31-29. But it wasn’t pretty. OU forced four Bearcat turnovers, though, and were fortunate that D.J. Woods muffed a fourth quarter punt inside the 10-yard-line.
The Good: Landry Jones had 370 yards passing, two touchdowns and one interception. Ryan Broyles had 10 more catches and over 100 yards receiving. Freshman Kenny Stills was impressive again with four catches and 72 yards. Dejuan Miller stepped up, too, and had three catches for 66 yards. Jonathon Nelson might have been the best player on the field. One interception, one forced fumble just before D.J. Woods was about to cross the end zone, one touchdown-saving tackle, and multiple tackles.
The Bad: 13 penalties for 113 yards. Outgained by the Bearcats, 461-452. Cameron Kenney had a couple more drops, including a wide-open touchdown. Only rushed for 82 yards on 43 carries, an average of 1.9 yards per carry. Virtually no pass rush until the end of the game. Add your own in the comments below.
What did you think of the Sooners’ performance? How confident are you going into next Saturday’s OU-Texas game? Did you watch UCLA beat Texas? What did you think of the Longhorns losing at home? Leave your comments below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients