Capel talking to elite PG
According to one Twitter account, Oklahoma men’s basketball coach Jeff Capel is visiting Brewster Academy, N.H., point guard Naadir Tharpe.
A 6-0 point guard, Tharpe is ranked the No. 91 recruit in the country according to Rivals.com, the nation’s No. 11 point guard. Tharpe is viewed as a pass-first floor leader that can also attack the basket.
Tharpe scored 1,000 points at St. Peter-Marian before transferring to Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., for his final two years of high school. He also played well at Chris Paul’s camp for the nation’s top point guards.
Playing AAU ball for the New England Playaz last summer, Tharpe verbally committed to Providence College in March but re-opened his recruiting after PC lost assistant coach Pat Skerry to Pittsburgh.
Other schools reportedly interested in Tharpe include Boston College, UNLV, Minnesota, Marquette, Rutgers, Seton Hall, UNC-Charlotte and Providence. Miami, Wake Forest and Indiana also have shown interest.
Tharpe was quoted this summer: “There aren’t a lot of point guards and a lot of colleges need guards. So if I just keep doing what I am doing, hopefully I get the pick of school I want to go to.”
Here is a link with Tharpe’s highlights.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients