Sunday afternoon notes: A&M game time, polls
CAMPUS CORNER — Back in the saddle to let everyone know that ESPN/ABC/Big 12 has told us the Texas A&M game will be a 2:30 p.m. CT start on ABC/ESPN. That means Oklahoma State’s home game against Kansas State will be a 7 p.m. CT kick.
It will be Oklahoma’s first — and last — home day game of the year, in the penultimate home game of the year. After this week, only Iowa State on Nov. 26 (7 p.m.) remains at Owen Field. It’s OU’s second consecutive 2:30 p.m. kickoff after all night games and an 11 a.m. start in the Red River game.
OU up two in polls: The 58-17 win at Kansas State, along with Georgia Tech’s upset of Clemson, was enough to get the Sooners back up to seventh in both the Associated Press and coaches’ polls. Oklahoma is not too far behind No. 6 Oregon, which plays No. 4/3 Stanford on Nov. 12.
The bottom line: We’ve learned that if OU keeps winning, the Sooners aren’t out of this entirely. Stanford, which needed three overtimes to defeat Southern Cal last night, presents a problem if it keeps winning. The Cardinal, however, has tests against the Ducks, Notre Dame and (likely, in the conference title game) Arizona State remaining. And then there’s the Bama-LSU loser. What becomes of that team after this week’s game?
Would not at all be a surprise if OU were sixth tonight when the BCS standings are announced. And the Sooners are perhaps a hair from being fifth a week after losing at home. This thing’s not over just yet.
Condolences: Folks from around the country are weighing in to express their sympathy for the Barry family after the death of OU broadcasting legend Bob Barry Sr. My thoughts, also, with his friends and family. I never had a chance to meet Senior, but I know all the things I’ve heard about him as a person and professional. I’ve met and spoken with Junior a handful of times, so my thoughts with him, certainly.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients