Sooners have celeb visitor at last practice of year
PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. — Last full practice of the year for Oklahoma wrapped up a few minutes ago. All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald stopped by to hang out with the guys for a bit, down at Corona del Sol High School. How about that?
The Cardinals host Seattle this weekend in Glendale, a day before the Fiesta Bowl. Guess he had a few minutes and was in the neighborhood. The Sooners, of course, were thrilled he paid them a visit — and especially the receivers. I suppose it actually worked out, in a way, that Ryan Broyles and Jaz Reynolds were injured. They had time to pick the brain of the six-time Pro Bowler, who is inching toward 10,000 career yards with the Cards.
Kenny Stills tweeted that Fitzgerald spoke with the team. “Faith Focus Finish,” was the message, Stills said.
I liked the thought, too, from Corey Wilson, injured years ago in a car accident but traveling here with the team (he’s pictured above): “My boy @RyanBroyles gettin the chance of a lifetime to soak up game from one of the greatest can’t help but be happy for him”.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients