UPDATE: Lacoltan Bester enrolled at OU, is officially eligible for football
NORMAN — Lacoltan Bester has enrolled at the University of Oklahoma, according to the school’s online directory, making him officially eligible for the football team.
Thursday afternoon, EMCC coach Buddy Stephens said Bester had graduated and come to Norman. A few hours later, the Rivals site SoonerScoop.com reported Bester was eligible to play football if he’s enrolled, because junior-college transfers don’t need NCAA Clearinghouse approval.
Bester, a 6-foot-3, 205 pound wide receiver, helped lead East Mississippi to the 2011 NJCAA national championship. He had 76 catches, 1,042 yards and 17 touchdowns during the school’s title run.
Bester had lots of NCAA Division I interest, but the Sooners didn’t enter the mix until late because of questions about whether he’d be able to graduate. Bester visited OU’s campus one May weekend and signed his letter of intent before leaving.
Bester’s eligibility success is a huge boost for OU, which is very inexperienced at receiver after Stoops suspended three starters indefinitely in May.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients