Top recruit Mario Edwards Jr. opens door to Sooners
BY RYAN ABER
Edwards leaving door open to OU
Denton (Texas) Ryan defensive end Mario Edwards Jr., the top player on the ESPNU 150 for the 2012 class, insists he hasn’t withdrawn his commitment from Florida State.
But though he might still be technically committed to the Seminoles, it’s clear he’s not 100 percent sold on signing with Florida State.
“Right now OU is above FSU … I’m VERBALLY committed to FSU, but I’m still open and looking,” Edwards told the Orlando Sentinel in a message.
Edwards was at the Cotton Bowl on Saturday for OU’s blowout win over Texas.
Edwards, the son of former Florida State and NFL player Mario Edwards Sr., is scheduled to be in Austin for Saturday’s Texas-Oklahoma State game, in LSU when the Tigers play Auburn in two weeks and in Norman on Nov. 5 when the Sooners host Texas A&M.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients