The Tailgate Blog: Pregame thoughts – Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. – My first trip here. Nice place. Enjoy the hills set against the expanse Kansas backdrop. Beautiful day and evening here, too. That always helps.
Football team has had obvious struggles, so that figures to hamper attendance tonight. Thirty minutes until kick and the stadium is, I’d say, a third full. Students are here, but hardly anyone else. Good number of OU fans out there that I see. But, no, Sooners fans will not outnumber KU fans or anything crazy like that.
Some news notes and thoughts:
** Doesn’t appear LG Stephen Good will play tonight. He is not dressed. Apparently suffered a concussion sometime during the middle of the week. We expect Adam Shead to start in his stead. Shead played quite a bit last week against Texas. Bob Stoops said he played well, too, as I recall. Not sure if there’s much or any dropoff there, but it’s more shuffling for the O-line.
** No one spotted Jimmy Stevens during warmups. Not sure what to make of that. OU didn’t know whether he was on the travel/dress roster. Thought he was on the trip, but was not sure. So, that story continues. Maybe the leg injury caused him to stay home? Maybe it has something to do with the demotion? We’ll check and update.
** Random observation: Kenny Stills isn’t as big as you’d think. I guess he’s about 6-feet tall, but, man, does he play bigger or what? I don’t know what his vertical is, but he showed it off on that touchdown against Ball State in the back of the end zone.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients